Coming from a place that can get pretty cold during the winter months, you sort of get used to what you need to stay warm when the temperatures go drastically down. Keeping warm is very important for your health and will help prevent ailments like frostbite and hypothermia. These tips are quite necessary to remember for your children as well, as they are much more susceptible to the negative effects of winter weather.
What Exactly Should I Own
- Winter Coat: When looking for a winter coat, you’ll want to remember that you’ll want something waterproof and a product that will block wind. But you also need to find an item that will allow for breathability so that sweat vapor can escape and not let you stay wet in the freezing air. That is just asking for trouble in cold weather. These are tips you might keep in mind if you want to purchase snow pants.
- Hats: This can be just as important as a coat. They say that you can lose a lot of heat that escapes from your head during this freezing time period. That means hats are quite important to maintaining a good body heat. You are able to purchase hats that cover your ears, or ones that you slide over your ears when you would like them to. This is a style choice more than anything else, but you would like keep you very sensitive ears protected as the temperature goes down. Frozen ears are painful ears.
- Gloves: You don’t have to enjoy playing out in the snow to need a pair of gloves. It is essential to be positive that every bit of one’s skin that one can protect is protected. If you are just out commuting or playing in snow with your children, Ladies Waterproof Taslon Ski Glove is the type of glove you should be looking for. If you intend to be doing any outdoor sports like skiing, snowboarding or anything similar to that everyone should do your research to find the right type of glove that a person is looking for.
- Boots: These will keep you warm and help prevent a lot of the slipping you will do out on the icy layered sidewalks and driveways. You don’t have to go crazy here, but you should buy a pair that goes above your ankles to ensure the best amount of protection for your feet. The higher the boot, the less likely snow will sneak in and freeze up your toes. Frozen feet are not a fun discomfort to deal with.
- Scarves: These are just for added comfort against the frigid temperatures on your neck. You will be thankful to own this item on the more frigid days.
A final note: Do not overdress the layers. By adding on too many layers, you can create too much body heat which will then produce sweat. Sweat is moisture, and moisture freezes when it’s cold. You figure that math out. This is not something you want and could be potentially dangerous.
Got the List
These are all important products to have during the colder months. Hypothermia could be very deadly, and frostbite can result in loss of limb. You do not want risking running into either of these very preventable dangers.